Our work gives Parliament, public entities, and the public independent assurance that public entities are operating, and accounting for their performance, in keeping with Parliament’s intentions.
There are about 4000 public entities, including, for example, government departments, State-owned enterprises, Crown research institutes, the defence forces, district health boards, city and district councils and the entities they own, ports, schools, universities, polytechnics, and wānanga.
This section describes the work that we do:
- our current projects
- auditing (financial auditing, performance auditing, and auditing long-term plans)
- carrying out inquiries
- encouraging good governance and sharing audit committee resources
- overseeing the Members' Interests Act
- providing advice to government bodies and other agencies
- supporting better service performance information, and
- our international work.
The About us section tells you about the role of the Controller and Auditor-General and our governing legislation.
Page last updated: 26 November 2015