Our international work
Each year, we make a significant contribution to the international auditing community by taking part in major events, auditing other organisations like ours, sharing our expertise, and hosting international delegations. For example, during 2012/13, we continued to:
- work with Auditors-General in other countries to encourage, promote, and advance capability and co-operation in the field of public audit;
- support good governance in the Pacific through our role as Secretariat of the Pacific Association of Supreme Audit Institutions (PASAI), and the Auditor-General's representation of the PASAI region on the governing board of the International Organisation of Supreme Audit Institutions (INTOSAI);
- act as the executing agent for the Pacific Regional Audit Initiative (funded by the Asian Development Bank, with co-financing from the Japan Special Fund and the Government of Australia);
- contribute as a member of various INTOSAI committees and working groups, including the Professional Standards Steering Committee, and chaired two working groups tasked with developing guidance for supreme audit institutions; and
- host international delegations, often at the request of Parliament or the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade, and provided opportunities to exchange information and build networks internationally.
Page last updated: 22 April 2013